Position Description -Program Director
The Program Director is normally the first and most important contact that a prospective student and their family has with our school. The Program Director must be friendly, professional, personable, and approachable. A program director must be a team player, detailed, organized, proficient, and be a self-starter. Your job is to make the start of a new student’s martial arts experience easy and fun. The Program Director also maintains an ongoing relationship with existing students as they grow through the Villari experience.
- As the face of Villari, the Program Director has a key role in representing and selling the Villari experience. You are responsible for making sure there is a continuous flow of new students.
- Sales, therefore, is a key responsibility and your role includes responding to phone, electronic, and/or in person inquiries – converting the potential client into an enrolled student.
- In addition to new student enrollment, the Program Director partners closely with Instructors to fulfill Villari’s mission which is to Help every student we teach reach their personal goals, realize their full potential, and achieve Black Belt excellence. Accordingly, the Program Director plays a vital role in minimizing student attrition by delivering an exceptional student experience.
- Follow up with prospective students and their parents via phone, in-person, and email.
- Complete prescribed processes for enrolling new students and upgrading existing students.
- Perform introductory lessons.
- Meticulously follow the Villari business processes and systems that are in place but shares ideas for improvement when they present themselves – be involved and seek continuous improvement.
- Track attendance, awards, and student class involvement.
- Reaches out to management team when a clear solution is not readily available.
- Clearly and thoughtfully communicate with students, their families, and colleagues.
- Prepare reports and other business analyses as needed.
- Observant of what needs to get done in the dojo and takes the initiative to make it happen.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the school; maintains cleanliness and organization of dojo.
- Must be extremely comfortable and confident in their ability to multitask.
- Supports and plans community event planning and execution.
- Know when to ask for help.
The Program Director position is a pivotal role in the Villari business model. To be successful s/he needs to wear multiple hats and perform them all well. Because of that, we seek individuals who bring maturity, professionalism, and a consistent can-do and will-do attitude to their work every day. When you’re on duty, you represent the Villari brand.
- Although not required, prior sales experience is a huge plus.
- Excellent phone and face to face communications skills. You will be expected to know our products and services and to be able to influence leads to become student customers.
- Outstanding verbal communication and listening skills. Listening for what someone does not say can be as important as what they do say.
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Team player who recognizes their role in support of instructors and the client experience.
- Passionate about the Martial Arts, self-development, and the development of others.
- Maintain a level of personal physical fitness, attitude, and appearance consistent with the responsibilities of the position.
- Influence other staff members to perform at their maximum capability; motivate and inspire co-workers.
- Flexible to perform various other duties and assignments as necessary or required.
- Able to satisfactorily pass a background check.